7.19.2008

An Open Letter to My Daughter

My Dearest Violet,

Happy birthday, sweet pea! We had a wonderful day with you today--swinging on the swings at the playground, opening your prezzies from the grands, eating a cupcake for lunch (and getting it errrrvry where), and holding court in your pool in the front yard as the neighbors came by to wish you well.

At the risk of sounding treacly--or worse, like the first to ever push a person out of their body--you are pretty much the most delightful, engaging, and enchanting person I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Some days have their challenges and the past year hasn't been much of a picnic, but we're off to a great start and I'm so grateful that you've completed our family.

I love you munchkin. Thank you for being our darling girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, definitely brought a tear or two... I can't believe she's 1 already - where did the time go? Happy 1st Birthday, Violet!!

Lanny said...

Happy 1st Birthday Miss Violet! We can't wait to see you guys next week!

Anonymous said...

yeah - what a great day! My baby Katie turned 2 on 7/19 too

Happy B-Day Violet =)

meggers said...

Beautiful. I like picturing little V out there in her bathing suit smiling at the neighborhood. What a great way to celebrate her. Congratulations mom, dad, and violet for making it through this year. Violet, you are a lovely little fireball!! Happy first birthday, kiddo!!!

Sugarmouth O'Riordan said...

Aw, thanks, guys.

And happy belated to your Katie, hmd! :)