7.30.2008

Another One for the "Fucking Shit" File

Fortunately, I was distracted by all things ND and beer (and wrangling a wee one amid all the chaos) this past weekend as I missed the news that Randy Pausch, of Last Lecture fame--passed away this weekend.

It's incredible that he was able to live nearly two years beyond his initial diagnosis.

It still sucks unbelievably that cancer continues to rip lives to shreds.

This kind of story would have barely registered with me a year ago. Now it's everywhere.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i missed the news as well - haven't been paying much attention to the news lately - i had seen him on oprah - really inspirational. i was amazed and impressed with how he lived his life after his diagnosis...

Sugarmouth O'Riordan said...

I caught that oprah--wanted mostly to see Kris Carr in action but is story was interesting as well. Overall, I found the whole episode totally depressing. I can't wait until this is over and I stop torturing myself with that kinda shit.

Anonymous said...

I don't usually chime in on "the blog" but I feel compelled to offer one of the things I despise most – advice not asked for. Here goes: if you don't know much about Randy Pausch, do yourself a favor and learn more about this man.