3.15.2008

There Will Be Blood

It all began with blood.

First, the blood stopped. And we were happy. It meant that our lives were changing forever, and we welcomed this.

Then, the other blood started. Doctors were dramatically concerned, but I didn't think much of it because I didn't think much of them.

After some time, and some pain, there was more blood. And we were thrilled. She was here and nothing would ever be the same.

But that other blood, it didn't go away. In fact, it had gotten worse. And I grudgingly admitted that the doctor might have been on to something. So I saw another doctor and we made a plan to look into things.

Still, I really thought it was much ado about nothing.

So things were looked into, and they looked bad. The worst possible, actually. Time ground to a halt and stood perfectly still. The air went out of the room. Every room.

A team was assembled and they formulated a plan. We followed the plan to the letter, and all seemed to be well. As well as it could be, under the god-forsaken circumstances. The blood was gone. Things seemed almost normal.

And then.

Then.

The blood came back. The blood with which I had made my peace. Gotten closure. Said goodbye.

Back.

Is this hope? Dare I?

4 comments:

Ed said...

OMG. I hope that I am somehow reading your post incorrectly. Are you really bleeding again? Fuck.

Lanny said...

Period?!

Anonymous said...

that's what i was thinking/wondering lan - did aunt flo come for a very unexpected visit????

Sugarmouth O'Riordan said...

The blood arrived via the Department of the Interior (rather than the backdoor), so I am hoping against all reason and logic that it is, indeed, a glimpse of my monthlies.

I'm 90% sure that it's not, as it doesn't bear much resemblance to what came before, but it's still something to cling to.