3.08.2008

Survivor

I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I hate the term "cancer survivor," at least when in reference to me. I feel like it puts me on some kind of pedestal that I am not in the least bit comfortable with.
And don't get me started on the "brave" thing, Derek captures my sentiments much better than I ever could.


But back to the survivor thing. I've been racking my brain for some time to come up with a substitute title I could give myself once this is all said and done and have settled on cancer veteran. In the mean time, you can call me Brigita, the Cancer Slayer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

F&ck yeah - cancer slayer all the way!

Megan said...

I like giving myself some sort of overly elaborate fake middle name, like Megan "cancer can kiss my sweet ass" Caper.

But I agree. Personally, I hate the "survivor" thing. It's too victim-y for me.

How about Brigita, Cancer Commando!

Not great, but at least you've got the alliteration thing going.